Thursday, December 13, 2007

Children's Christmas Party

Today is the Children's Christmas Party at one of the courts where I practice. It is a party for the children in foster care in our district. The court staff do a wonderful job of transforming the building into an inviting, happy place and there is always delicious food and entertainment and Santa and presents. The children always seem to have a good time and I certainly enjoy being part of it. Unfortunately, this will be the last year for the party. As seems to happen way too often, one person managed to close it down for the rest of us. Whenever something like this happens--when a curriculum that I like gets changed in my children's school or a TV show that I like gets canceled or when an event that is valuable for everyone involved is terminated then I wonder why don't we speak up when we are satisfied? If only then dissatisfied speak up then they affect change.

No comments: