Sunday, February 1, 2009

The rest of the story


I didn't mean to be terribly mysterious in my post yesterday about my poor handwarmer placement decision but Donna pretty much said it all in her comment.

KGMom has left a new comment on your post "Carter Notch, January 30, 2009":

We have used the hand warmers in the past at football games.
Um, I don't think I would put it in my bra! They do get. . .warm. And the skin on one's hands is a bit thicker and tougher than the thin delicate skin. . .
Enough said

Just a big red mark--no permanent damage.

7 comments:

Kim said...

LOL! As I was reading your post last night I kind of thought that's how it would feel. Some places are just better off left alone. ;o)

Jayne said...

We have Plastic Sugery/Burn clinics on Monday, and I can't tell you the stories I've heard when people come in with new burns...lol. Glad the damage was minimal. :c)

Ruth said...

I would have had no idea they could be that hot. Thanks for the delicately stated explanation!

beth said...

LOL...good to know !!!

LoveANewIdea said...

Yup - had a similar experience at Inauguration. I put one hand warmer in each of my back pockets to help manage the cold, and everything seemed fine. But apparently we don't have the same type of nerve receptors in that area - I didn't feel any discomfort, but at the end of the day, I had 2 rectangular temporary tattoos!

KGMom said...

Oh sorry--but I am also giggling. Some lessons are learned the hard way.

Kathie Brown said...

Perhaps it's time to put some snow down there now!