Saturday, April 16, 2016

Since we last met

The last post was in June of 2013 but really I have not tended to this space since 2009--life got busy and Facebook made quick updates on my friends' lives quicker and easier.  As wonderful as Facebook is for staying in touch, though, it does not provide the challenge and the opportunity to develop ideas and turn them into words.

So, here I go with words again.

There have been lots of changes in my world since last I blogged.  The one that will be most evident here is that I now live on 120 acres in Sumner, Maine.  My mom and dad were at the age where we needed to think about them living with me or me living with them and since I lived on .4 acre in a small town and they lived on 120 acres in a smaller town, it was a no-brainer. My husband and I had an apartment built in their home so that we have our own space but are still right there with them.

My mother is a flower gardener and the yard is full of beautiful cultivated flowers from May to September.  I am a lover of the wild and natural, so the woods are my playground.  We have about 5 miles of trails throughout the property which is bordered by a river and full of erratic boulders, many different species of trees, moss, lichen, wildflowers, ferns and wildlife.  Most weekends I park my car on Friday night and never leave our little piece of heaven.

Thanks for sharing words, thoughts and lives with me and for listening to mine.


9 comments:

KGMom said...

Such a lovely fortunate way to handle aging parents. Sounds like a win all around.

Jayne said...

It is so good to *see* you here again my friend! One of these days, I am going to get to Maine and we will share such a wonderfully, warm hug.

Anvilcloud said...

Hello. Seems like a good idea for a group.

Ruth said...

Your home sounds idyllic!

Unknown said...

Let's get together and check out the beavers. soon!

Kathie Brown said...

Wow. You are blogging again! I hope you keep it up. I love the new look. I hope to get back to it soon as well. I just need a new computer and a new camera! I hope I can come visit you in your new place one day. I would love to hike those trails with you!

Kathie Brown said...

Wow. You are blogging again! I hope you keep it up. I love the new look. I hope to get back to it soon as well. I just need a new computer and a new camera! I hope I can come visit you in your new place one day. I would love to hike those trails with you!

Joanie Dawson said...

I look forward to more of your blogging, Beth!

altar ego said...

Maine is such a lovely place, and your piece of heaven sounds like just that. Trails and water and boulders-- yes, please! I look forward to learning more about your inner and outer worlds.