Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Another big snowfall in Maine

Yesterday, Maine got a nice big snow blanket. In Dixfield, we got 8 pretty, fluffy inches to cover up the snow pack that had compressed and hardened during our thaw last week. Areas just to the south and east of us got over a foot.

I think of December snow as setting the stage for the season--for dabbling in winter activities with the anticipation of much winter ahead; but January and February snow is for getting down to business and playing. A is going ice climbing today after school, C's nordic team will be out practicing at Black Mountain and I'm taking my skis to court, so I can hit the trails on my way home.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

I like the look of the sun and blue skies. Beautiful winter landscapes!

Anonymous said...

Morning Beth,
Looks pristine in the photos. You have inspired me. I set up a blog of my own this morning. http://www.pappysbalderdash.blogspot.com. I will probably need some help with tips on how to manage it. Hope your ski home is enjoyable. I'm enjoying the daily updates on life in Maine.

entoto said...

Enjoy your ski. I'll be happy helping the DH put on a race tonight.

Anonymous said...

I like the new look of you page.

Beth said...

Thanks, I had fun making the changes. I'm a little worried that it will be harder for my dad to look at with his dialup, but we'll see.