Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween

Frightening as it is, on Halloween I am going to head in the same direction as the national media, the candidates and a million campaign aides as I set my sights on Pennsylvania.

I hope to do a quick swoop and snatch of my son without being polled, prodded, interviewed or bribed by NBC, ABC, Fox or Comedy Central. The broken blood vessel in my eye still makes me rather unsightly so I do not think that any of the media would make me the new Joe the Plumber.

Humbling experience of the day: I was in a meeting with a man involved in one of my cases who has more than his share of gang tatoos from a stint in a Texas prison. He looked at me when I greeted him and said, "Wow, you are really scary looking." Hmmm, thanks.

But now cheered by one of SJ's quiz discoveries: What my favorite candy says about me. Candy Corn! and the yellow is the best part.




What Your Love of Candy Corn Says About You



You are a very strange character. Much stranger than people realize at first.

Like candy corn, the more people think about you - the weirder you seem.



While you are quite quirky, that's what is lovable about you.

You are bright, bold, and simply happy. What could be better?

6 comments:

Jayne said...

Good luck Beth! Tell everyone you are dressed as a woman who has been listening to John McCain's negativity for too long... it finally burst a blood vessel! :c) Be safe, and Happy Halloweeeeeeeen!

Pappy said...

Sorry about the eye. Happy Halloween. I had a little bout with gout in my ankle a couple of weeks back and I was limping. The medicine I took made my eyelids swell some. My son-in-law said I reminded him of Igor. Pappy

Kathie Brown said...

Beth, is that what happened to your eye? Oh my goodness? How long will it take to heal? If you are into natural healing at all, the Homeopathic remedy Arnica Montana might help. They used to sell it at the healthfood store in Augusta. Have a safe trip! and yes,I painted that pumpkin, but it was last year. The photo is all that remains!

Anonymous said...

EyeGor from Young Frakenstein says this story is just plain corny.

Anonymous said...

I guess I lose a point for miss-spelling Frankenstein. I hope your eye heals soon.

KGMom said...

Hey--you're in PA? Me too, but then I live here.
Hope we are nice & welcoming to you.
Safe travels.